The Smartphone Effect (And Why We’re All Addicted)


You're reading The Smartphone Effect (And Why We re All Addicted), originally posted on Pick the Brain | Motivation and Self Improvement. If you're enjoying this, please visit our site for more inspirational articles. Most of us know the tug of a new SMS message or a notification from Facebook which comes with the ever-present smartphone.  But most of us don’t know – until it’s taken away – how powerful that tug really is.  I recently left my phone in the Athens airport: for at least a few weeks, I went to sleep without a phone beside me. I was surprised by how potently I felt the difference.  The itch to check just one more app became defunct.  There were only two choices once in bed – read, or drift off to sleep.  No frittering away an hour in the morning or before bed.   Usually the resolution to read before bed – which I genuinely love – gives way to watching Husky videos.  Even after putting the phone down, smartphones haunt sleep, exciting the brain and sen
https://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/the-smartphone-effect-and-why-were-all-addicted/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low Down on Sales Tips by Russell Armstrong

Here’s Why We Love Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Marketing – Infographics

7 Hobbies That Build Real And Lasting Confidence